Thanks for checking out our opportunities!
Are you Awesome? Check out the Awesome career opportunities we have for you!
Intakes customer vehicles, diagnoses problems and service needs, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
Key Result Areas
· Service Department Operations
· Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1)Service Department Operations
· Assist Service department manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
· Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
· Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts before job starts.
· Perform cashier functions, as needed.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
· Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including and proper storage of these items.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management
· Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
· Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
· Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Avoid making commitments which can not (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
· As assigned
· No Supervisory Responsibilities
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· Superior communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to get along with a broad customer base.
· Knowledge and experience with servicing Harley-Davidson/Buell motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
· Experience with point-of-sale and Parts and Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
· Current, valid motorcycle license.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
· Occasionally requires the ability to lift material.
· Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a motorcycle.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or airborne other particles.
Toledo Harley-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time